Frequently Asked Questions
You've got questions, we have answers. In fact, one of our primary objectives at OsteoStrong is to help our clients make informed decisions about bone health so that they can lead healthy lives.
Can I try a free session to see if I like it?
Can I do more than one session per week?
Our research has shown that coming in more frequently actually slows the results.
Does health insurance cover OsteoStrong?
Traditional health insurance in the United States does not typically cover OsteoStrong sessions. However, Medical Savings Accounts can be used in many cases. Also, OsteoStrong sessions are generally less expensive than most insurance co-pays.
Can I do other exercises along with my OsteoStrong sessions?
Yes, and you will see great results if you do both. However, it is recommended that you not do a workout immediately prior to your OS session. Remember, OsteoStrong strengthens your skeletal system. Your muscular strength will be unleashed once your mind senses your skeletal system is capable of handling stronger muscles.
Can I just increase my skeletal strength and bone density with weight training or other exercises?
Sadly, the published research on this topic does not indicate that strengthen your bones through convention exercises or weight training is likely. A study published in 2012 identified that the minimum force required to trigger bone growth is 4.2 multiples of body weight (4.2 MOB). Engaging in that amount of force safely, outside of an OsteoStrong® center is not recommended for most people. The good news is that our proprietary Spectrum System safely allows clients to experience much more than the 4.2 MOB minimum to trigger the skeletal building response people are looking for.
Is it safe to do OsteoStrong sessions if I have osteoporosis?
Yes, many showing T-scores as low as -4 from their DXA scans do sessions at OsteoStrong. Even in these extreme cases, members have completely reversed their osteoporosis without medication. As with all medical conditions, we encourage people to consult with their physician prior to starting sessions at OsteoStrong.
How long until I start feeling the results?
Results vary from person to person, but the following are some general rules for what our members experience:
- Joint and back pain. Generally, people experience a sensation of joint and back pain in 1 to 12 sessions. Of course, with any physical condition that causes you concern, we recommend that you ask your doctor prior to engaging in sessions at OsteoStrong.
- Once your pain is gone, regular sessions will continue to develop the joint, bone and surrounding support tissue. It is highly recommended that you continue sessions to help prevent the return of your joint and back pain.
- Skeletal strength or bone density increases can only be seen on a bone density scan. It usually takes 6-12 months from the time you start with OsteoStrong® for your DXA scan to show increases in bone density.
- Balance improvements. Most people notice improvements in their personal balance in just one to two sessions and it generally improves for several sessions afterward.
- Muscular Strength. Most people, regardless of fitness level, feel the gains in overall strength in about 4 sessions. Regular sessions seem to continue strength gains for many years. Some people may have periods of plateauing in their measured strength gains. Have patience when this happens to you! we’ve seen some people plateau for several months after many months of steady strength gains. Just when you think you’ve hit your limit, the strength gains usually come back again and trend up from there. In over eight years of usage, we still have people showing regular strength increases as their skeletal density and strength continues to improve.
- We have had many members with a severe kyphosis (curved or humped back) standing straight in 5 to 15 sessions.
Can I use OsteoStrong if I have had a hip or knee replacement?
Yes, OsteoStrong® actually helps strengthen the bone around your hip or knee replacement. We are also great for preconditioning before these types of surgeries. As with all medical conditions, we encourage people to consult with their physician prior to starting sessions at OsteoStrong.